Re: Windows More Secure Than Linux?

From: mr.e (anjin@rogers.com)
Date: 02/07/02

From: "mr.e" <anjin@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 04:34:11 GMT

Dan Evans wrote:

> Would love to get your thoughts on the following article that appeared
> in the Feb 1 issue of WinInfo (www.win2000mag.net/Email/View.cfm):
>
> * WINDOWS MORE SECURE THAN LINUX? A-YUP YUP YUP!

spam
don't feed the trolls

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Religion... was RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: January 15 is Personal Firewall Day, help the cause
    ... there is no A/V software for Linux that protects ... Of course, many of them do run A/V software, but it's to protect Windows ... In today's environment, software *must* be secure first, with usability added ... Microsoft systems take the opposite approach, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Viruses
    ... were slow to ship systems that installed secure by default. ... I don't believe it has as many server listener ... practically any time you look at a Windows box sideways. ... users are more vulnerable than average linux users. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: log in through root
    ... want to log in through root because i want to learn administrative property. ... Linux has a different mindset from Windows. ... I believe it is not the operating system that is secure or insecure. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Security comparison between Microsoft and Linux
    ... > So how secure is a good Linux distribution compared with Windows XP ... The way I see it is this: those that are able to run Linux, ... Fetchmail & procmail or setup a POP3 server? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • RE: Ten least secure programs
    ... Linux actually came out on top of the pile ... Subject: Ten least secure programs ... secured Windows server is more secure than a non-secured Linux server, ... The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant, ...
    (Security-Basics)