Re: firewall securing outgoing traffic?

From: Alexander (aldem-news@news.aldem.net)
Date: 02/05/02

From: "Alexander" <aldem-news@news.aldem.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 07:52:40 +0100

"Bruno Wolff III" <bruno@cerberus.csd.uwm.edu> wrote:

> You need to be more specific about what you mean by "windows". W95/W98
> have no effective security. The NT based systems do have real security,
> but I don't think it could be characterized as a lot better than Linux.

  Yes, sure I mean NT/2K/XP. But, it's security model _is_ lot better than
  in Linux (and other UNIX based systems). Why - just compare SELinux and
  its security model to NT/2K model - you will find those very similar.

/Al

Relevant Pages

  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: January 15 is Personal Firewall Day, he lp the cause
    ... supply of patches (Windows NT4/95/98) these systems should go offline ... Security is always a trade-off. ... This is how Linux and other ... Apache virtually owns the market with more than 60%. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • SecurityFocus Linux Newsletter #39
    ... Subject: SecurityFocus Linux Newsletter #39 ... Need to keep track of the latest vulnerability information? ... vulnerabilities for both security product vendors and corporate security ... NEW PRODUCTS FOR LINUX PLATFORMS ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • RE: Linux hacked
    ... Subject: Linux hacked ... After you boot up into the OS running from CD, ... >> First let me say I'm a security novice. ... >> been unsuccessful in getting root back. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Community responsibility and abuse (2): the case of top-
    ... Without ANY evidence of ANY security problems you try ... PLEASE PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF ANY ... evidence that Linux is anywhere near as insecure as windows. ... Still no "spacific evidence that Linux is anywhere near as insecure as ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: 10 Immutable Laws of Security
    ... This is what I meant by security model. ... MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User ... For all the Linux zealots out there this is not because I ...
    (microsoft.public.security)