Re: Blocking ping ?From: Marc Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Next message: mr.e: "Re: Blocking ping ?"
- Previous message: Jem Berkes: "Re: Snort - DoS"
- In reply to: Ashok Aiyar: "Re: Blocking ping ?"
- Next in thread: mr.e: "Re: Blocking ping ?"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
From: "Marc Jordan" <email@example.com> Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 01:18:54 +0100
> I think this drops all ICMP traffic, which I don't think is a
> terrific idea. To block ping, all you want to drop is outbound
> ICMP echo-reply. The following rule would do that ...
Why ? I've always done so in my home machine, I just
want to get answers to my echo-requests, what's wrong
with that (for a home machine I mean) ?