Re: Watch Guard Firewall; remote and/or scheduled reboots

From: Hey Man (nomail@nomial.com)
Date: 01/18/02

    From: "Hey Man" <nomail@nomial.com>
    Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:10:11 +0800

    If you need to reboot the watchguard, you need to solve the 3DES problem
    first. As Control Center send their command with 3DES. All the command (of
    course, same as password) will be encrypted before sending to Firebox Linux
    OS. It is no suggested to reboot with simple command line.

    > > > Does anybody know of a way to schedule a reboot of a Watchguard
    Firewall;
    > > > and/or reboot it remotely from a command-line tool. (either Windoze or
    > > > UNIX).
    > > >
    > > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > Check out Dataprobe iBoot. You can easily run a script of program to
    > > power cycle your firewall with it.
    > > http://www.dataprobe.com/power/iboot.html
    > >
    > > David Weiss

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Watch Guard Firewall; remote and/or scheduled reboots
      ... As Control Center send their command with 3DES. ... It is no suggested to reboot with simple command line. ... > the Watchguard groups and nobody has come up with a working solution yet. ... >> David Weiss ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: Watch Guard Firewall; remote and/or scheduled reboots
      ... As Control Center send their command with 3DES. ... It is no suggested to reboot with simple command line. ... > the Watchguard groups and nobody has come up with a working solution yet. ... >> David Weiss ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Watch Guard Firewall; remote and/or scheduled reboots
      ... As Control Center send their command with 3DES. ... It is no suggested to reboot with simple command line. ... >> the Watchguard groups and nobody has come up with a working solution yet. ... >>> power cycle your firewall with it. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Watch Guard Firewall; remote and/or scheduled reboots
      ... As Control Center send their command with 3DES. ... It is no suggested to reboot with simple command line. ... >> the Watchguard groups and nobody has come up with a working solution yet. ... >>> power cycle your firewall with it. ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: Watch Guard Firewall; remote and/or scheduled reboots
      ... As Control Center send their command with 3DES. ... It is no suggested to reboot with simple command line. ... >> the Watchguard groups and nobody has come up with a working solution yet. ... >>> power cycle your firewall with it. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)