Re: security for newbies?

From: Wine Development (wine@sweeney.demon.co.uk)
Date: 01/17/02

From: Wine Development <wine@sweeney.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:09:04 +0000

mattb wrote:

> cool...thanks for your help guys.
>
> sendmail snuck in on me, but other than that i dont think i installed

RH always install sendmail, without asking. In update mode it checks
if the sendmail rpm is present and installs it if not (without
asking).

A PITA if you want to run postfix/exim/qmail or decide that box should
not have an MTA.

--
Keith Matthews 			Spam trap - my real account at this
							node is keith_m

Frequentous Consultants - Linux Services, Oracle development & database administration

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Migrating to a newer version of FreeBSD
    ... So I hastily installed a radius server, ... > sendmail and qpopper on it. ... > cannot seem to just download newer ports and install them. ... > authentication working on that one quickly and easily. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • RESOLVED: Solaris 8 - Configuring sendmail relay (NoAuth inbound -> SSL outbound)
    ... If your smtp server is smtp.att.yahoo.com then the default sendmail installed with Solaris 8 will no longer be able to send mail. ... gunzip & untar BerkeleyDB.4.2; install per the README. ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • RE: Sendmail - IMAP-UW - Cyrus-SASL2 - SMTPAUTH problems
    ... Sendmail was installed with the base install and recompiled ... sets up a DAEMON port. ... creating SMTP socket ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • RE: Anti virus, anti spam step guide.
    ... I know this sounds like something stupid but I am starting my third try starting from zero, for some reason everything install correcly and at the end have a non receiving email installation (have checked port on inetd, under sendmail configuration, nothing). ... Just spamassasin or spamd only, anyway, learning and having fun with it until I can know how to do it. ... Anti virus, anti spam step guide. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Mail software question.
    ... > Does sendmail support IMAP or do I have to install something on top of ... > something that advertises itself as an IMAP server is that also the MTA ... > If I install fetch mail, can I get it to place ... server for open-xchange and found that imap-uw works out of the box with ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)