Re: strange nmap scan

From: Marc Greene (eru@subdimension.com)
Date: 01/16/02

From: eru@subdimension.com (Marc Greene)
Date: 16 Jan 2002 15:31:22 -0600

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:13:30 -0500, Jose <jose@cwru.edu> wrote:
>Marc Greene wrote:
>
>> What process generates the 'Destination Host Unreachable' error?
>> I don't get this error when pinging 10.10.10.10.
>
>the kernel, where ICMP errors are handled and passed out. if your host or
>your router are unable to contact that host, the ICMP error message is
>generated, either by your host or the router on your segment.

Thanks Jose. I should have known...

/me dense sometimes

:-)

Marc

Relevant Pages

  • Re: strange nmap scan
    ... > What process generates the 'Destination Host Unreachable' error? ... the kernel, where ICMP errors are handled and passed out. ... either by your host or the router on your segment. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Sending An eMail From Native Windows Command Language?
    ... range of dynamic IP address your router's DHCP server will assign. ... The WAN-side of your router will get a dynamic IP ... Presumably you are trying to connect to your host from somewhere via ... There are several DNS redirection services available, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Exiscan+clamav
    ... > # The next three settings create two lists of domains and one list of hosts. ... > # The second setting specifies domains for which your host is an incoming ... > # This router routes addresses that are not in local domains by doing a DNS ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Networking Questions
    ... The DNS address is sent as a secondary element, mostly because there's no point for nearly all internet connections without DNS. ... The PC asks for an address by sending a DHCP request out the route to the DSL device which is either a modem or a router. ... No need for DNS until host names get involved and those hosts are on a different network segment. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
  • 2wire router configuration
    ... firewall on this router and to configure my network ... Go to Home Network -> Advanced Settings ... X Default DHCP Pool ... Configure host to use DHCP with host name sent ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)