username and password in wu-ftpd

From: wilson (wrodrigues201@rediffmail.com)
Date: 01/14/02

From: wrodrigues201@rediffmail.com (wilson)
Date: 14 Jan 2002 09:01:12 -0800

hi,
   When a normal user (not anonymous)logs in to a wu-ftpd server is
the password encrypted or sent in clear text. I am using
wu-ftpd-2.6.1-0.6x.21 on redhat 6.2 ...

If so, then is there a way to encrypt the username and password sent
by the user ?

Thanks in advance.

wrodrigues

Relevant Pages

  • ttys0 changed permissions itself
    ... The operating system i'm using is redhat 7 .3 with kernel 2.4.18 ... i have a post configured with wvdial but after the connection and finish the ... communication i try a new dial and it comes out a message that say " "device ... is Busy" it happens with a normal user ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Debian Desktop for a Joe Average
    ... > RedHat 9 has a great installer and contains anything a normal user will ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: username and password in wu-ftpd
    ... > When a normal user logs in to a wu-ftpd server is ... but those are probably the most common. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: RH9: I need to start ADSL-START as root for the first time after boot ....
    ... >> After having booted my system running a Redhat 9, ... >> program as normal user and it successfully connect so far. ... If you desire to answer directly to me please post mail ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)