Re: BIND question

From: those who know me have no need of my name (not-a-real-address@usa.net)
Date: 01/11/02

From: those who know me have no need of my name <not-a-real-address@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 02:13:10 -0000

<izm%7.517$am4.100922@dfiatx1-snr1.gtei.net> divulged:

>> it has a default ttl setting, soa and ns records.
>> that is all that is necessary.
>
>In his network db, he is missing his A record..

a records aren't necessary -- and are a waste if you are blackhole-ing a
domain. (the db file you quoted is the one he was using for doubleclick
and trafficmultiplier.)

--
okay, have a sig then

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Stephen Baskerville, Ph.D. Welfare and the "Road to Serfdom"
    ... May did Cristof supply the waste on the top ed? ... missing as english, beneath various, as for great emperors. ...
    (rec.ponds)
  • Re: DC does not have Netlogon and Sysvol shares
    ... Have you seen the MSKB on troubleshooting missing SYSVOL and NETLOGON ... network provider accepted the given network path.. ... Warning: OSIENTDC1 is the Schema Owner, ... Missing SPN: ...
  • Re: Spelling Grammar Dialog Box Explain button missing
    ... I wasn't talking about putting a new installation on the machine... ... > It is always missing. ... I am working a a network, so not sure if it was ... >> What happens if you create a new Windows user with pristine user ...
    (microsoft.public.word.spelling.grammar)
  • RE: Lost ip address
    ... it just said a file was missing. ... I didn't uninstall and reinstall all network components. ... After talking to Linksys, who thought it was an IRQ ...
  • Re: My humble apologies - WinMe question
    ... Rightclicking the "Authentication" tab in the Properties on the LAN icon ... The problem that I have is that I am missing 'My network ... Places' and also missing the IEEE802.1x network protocol. ...