Re: modify ipchains rules via web interface

From: rutledge_almostaranch@yahoo.com
Date: 12/18/01

From: "rutledge_almostaranch@yahoo.com" <"rutledge"@almostaranch@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:57:13 GMT

Vincent wrote:

> Hi,
> ipchains is only allowed for root. How can I modify its rules via web
> interface ?
> If I would like to create my own web interface using php, I think I can't
> exec ipchains commands, where permission denied.
> What will be the syntax / commands in the web interface in order to be as
> root, so that I can change the entries through web interface ? Not talking
> about webmin software.
>
> Vincent.

You don't just want to telnet eh?

LR

Relevant Pages

  • Re: diskless/pxe booting problem...
    ... root "/" for this boot is really at /tmp ... The soekris is able to pxe boot off of the server, ... > space, I didn't include the entire configuration files, only what I ... > DHCP timeout for interface sis1 ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: what user and password for cups
    ... If root account is not set (if you are using sudo ... All relevant configuration files are then ... I'd rather have *some* kind of restriction on who can use the cups web interface ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: system-config-network as non-root
    ... become root if you want to use lan interface, wifi interface or ppp ... users bring some interfaces up and down, as well as command line tools. ... configured by root. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Writing wrappers ?
    ... > getting tired of su'ing to root simply to log on and off. ... > that scripts cannot be set suid. ... > Is it possible to write a C program that'll setuid to root and execute ... interface with the interface as argument. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Ubuntu dapper drake question (running ubuntu-6.06-desktop)
    ... doing administrative task as root user, but to use sudo in a user ... On the liveCD no user password is required for using sudo, ... I have no way to create/add root password on user's terminal. ... provided that the interface is ...
    (Ubuntu)