From: Marcel Malin (marcel.malin@schulen.li)
Date: 12/13/01

From: "Marcel Malin" <marcel.malin@schulen.li>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:30:20 +0100

What kind of Protocols does DNs need? Only UDP or UDP and TCP?

Marcel Malin

Relevant Pages

  • NFS problem with recent 2.6 kernels (also serial console weirdness)
    ... 100000 2 tcp 111 portmapper ... 100000 2 udp 111 portmapper ... mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. ... Mounted root (ext3 filesystem) readonly. ...
  • Re: Stand Alone DHCP Servers and Windows 2000
    ... On our network the clients are allowed to talk to the domain controller ... Kerberos-Sec (UDP) ... Microsoft CIFS (TCP) ... which segments and which computers use specific protocols. ...
  • Re: SMTP delivery failure when NIC DNS server points to router
    ... I learned that the router's DNS server does not listen to TCP queries. ... Configure the SMTPSVC to use UDP for DNS queries. ...
  • RE: Help with ipfw rules to allow DNS queries through
    ... If a DNS reply exceeds the maximum size of a udp datagram, it will be sent using TCP so the rule is needed. ... > I have a stand alone server co-located on my employers T1 line. ...
  • Re: Windows 2003 Help
    ... Reconfigure the DC's as also posted in DNS NG: ... In the private ip range i would not enable the firewall between the DC's. ... 53211 TCP ... 53 TCP and UDP ...