Strange SPAM

I use Thunderbird for email. My filters have been working fine and all has been well until about 6 months ago. On an email account that is reserved for very limited communication with a select few, I inadvertently use it to send a message to a less computer literate friend. She saved it and despite my request to delete it, she retains it (though she thinks I think it's gone). I suspect someone got hold of here address list and my special email address is one it. No matter what I do, I cannot filter out emails that contain a strange character. Here's an example:

AutoWarrantySales@lzed133odating.info

In desperation, I've begun looking for another email program. I stumbled upon "Mailwasher". It claims to be compatible with Thunderbird and appears to have the capability of blocking mail such as the above... though I thought Thunderbird was capable as well.

Can anyone tell me anything about this character embedded type email, how correct I may be about getting on there list, and if I'm moving in the right direction with "Mailwasher"?

  • Re: Global Warming
    ... I don't think you can do that with my newsreader. ... You could probably hack it to say that :-) All facetiousness aside, you can go about that in a roundabout way by using the filters and setting it to not show read messages the next time you refresh the group. ... I am still waiting for something with the filtering capabilities of slrn but the look of thunderbird. ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: RMO filtering on Thunderbird
    ... I read rmo through my email programme, Thunderbird, and although I am a big fan of Thunderbird, I feel its main weakness is that takes some telling to get the message that I want that poster kill-filed. ... My other filters are based on email addresses to counter the cretin who keeps changing his name. ...
    (rec.music.opera)
  • Re: Damn
    ... Played with the damn program for close to 1/2 hour adding newsgroup servers, ... I see how to create filters but I can't seem to get the filters to actually run. ... I searched the online help and tried shutting down and restarting Thunderbird but no joy so far... ... it will download the group complete again while cleaning it up per your filters. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: OT: Eudora a good alternative to Thunderbird?
    ... Joerg notthisjoergsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx posted to ... thought was spam, and send it all downstream where I could ... bunch of positive filters (pull off mail from real people ... I doubt if Eudora will get merged with Thunderbird, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: OT: Eudora a good alternative to Thunderbird?
    ... Joerg notthisjoergsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx posted to ... was spam, and send it all downstream where I could filter it. ... filters ... I doubt if Eudora will get merged with Thunderbird, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)