Re: is my PC sending emails undetected

therustyone wrote:

Just after paying a ~$300 bill online last week by debit card I got
about 100 email responses, relating to my address which had bounced
from various email boxes in Russia and Eastern Europe. They bounced
mostly due to full inboxes.

So, it appears this bill you paid is the culprit? It would help if you
identify the site where you inputted information.

There is no record of these emails in my sent folder in Outlook
Express and since that event there hasn't been any abnormal activity.
Could these be reports for keyboard loggers ?

Gee, I dunno. You didn't post an example.

What is the best way to
find out. I have since changed my email password.

Time for a malware scan for sure.

Manually update your A/V program and run a full scan.

Download and update BOTH:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php
http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

Run a full scan of each in safe-mode after the updates.

Should I change my debit card too ?

Yes. Since, you didn't provide the vendor you gave your info to; that's
the best thing to do knowing what little I do about the transaction.

  • Re: is my PC sending emails undetected
    ... from various email boxes in Russia and Eastern Europe. ... mostly due to full inboxes. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: is my PC sending emails undetected
    ... from various email boxes in Russia and Eastern Europe. ... bogus bounces does not dry up! ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: genY has no interest in hi-tech careers
    ... My readings showed that big-bad Russia really did set up a lot of infrastructure OUTSIDE of Russia, set up lots of economic trade, built power plants including nukes, roads, railroads, power lines, pipelines, blah-blah. ... And, all that dust in Belarus over gas/oil from Russia was because Belarus wanted to pay the old prices and Russia was sending them the bill for the new "market prices" and Belarus didn't want to pay, so they did dirty tricks like siphon off some of the oil/gas going past Belarus to pointes farther west, which got the people farther west pissed at Russia instead of Belarus. ... is largely because of very strict labor laws. ... strict and that labor unions are not as powerful in Eastern Europe. ...
    (sci.research.careers)
  • Re: A letter that I lifted from.....
    ... Schumer's op-ed "Russia Can Be Part of the Answer ... nations of Central and Eastern Europe, ... The letter and Henry are full of crap. ... By CHARLES SCHUMER ...
    (soc.culture.baltics)
  • Re: A letter that I lifted from.....
    ... I write to express my deep concern about Sen. Chuck ... Schumer's op-ed "Russia Can Be Part of the Answer ... nations of Central and Eastern Europe, ... The letter and Henry are full of crap. ...
    (soc.culture.baltics)