Re: TrueCrypt & Carbonite

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:55:49 -0700, Prof Wonmug wrote:

How does it know what changed? By doing a binary compare?

Why do you care as long as it bups it?

Have you tried it with a TrueCrypt file? I don't know for sure, but I
would imagine that a TrueCrypt file might have extensive changes if
even only 1% of the unencrypted data changed.

Can you not read and troll at the same time? Mark said "I have Crash
Plan for backups of TrueCrypt volumes".

If I get a minute, I might run a binary compare after changing one
file in a 100 file repository.

Take that minute off your Usenet time.

I looked at the CrashPlan website. I found it a lot more muddled than
Carbonite. A lot of options that are not clearly explained. Carbonite
may not be perfect, but it is what it says in the ads: Backup. Simple.

Why not a floppy disk? Simple. Backup.

I may try CrashPlan if I get time, but my initial impression was only
average.

You are working from a diminished mental state, not surprised.
--
Passwords, people, they are not just for game shows. If you refuse to
make the effort to remember a few long, diverse passwords, then don't

  • Re: TrueCrypt & Carbonite
    ... have discovered a couple of by-products or using it with a backup ... Before I realized this, Carbonite, ... If the TrueCrypt file is very large, ... virtual disks (I put my big TrueCrypt volumes "inside" of VMware ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: TrueCrypt & Carbonite
    ... have discovered a couple of by-products or using it with a backup ... Before I realized this, Carbonite, ... If the TrueCrypt file is very large, ... virtual disks (I put my big TrueCrypt volumes "inside" of VMware ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: TrueCrypt & Carbonite
    ... would imagine that a TrueCrypt file might have extensive changes if ... Take that minute off your Usenet time. ... Carbonite. ... but it is what it says in the ads: Backup. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: TrueCrypt & Carbonite
    ... have discovered a couple of by-products or using it with a backup ... Before I realized this, Carbonite, ... If the TrueCrypt file is very large, Carbonite excludes ...
    (alt.computer.security)