Re: Microsoft security Essentials

On May 15th, Brian Gregory [UK] wrote:

On April 23rd, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
And ... would you trust an anti-malware program written by the people
who wrote the OS that requires it? <lol>

I don't follow your reasoning.
Please explain.

What's not to follow? Microsoft employees write the Windows operating
systems. They are terribly vulnerable to malware. Microsoft employees
write the Microsoft Security Essentials anti-malware application. If
they can do that, why can't they fix the operating system that needs it?

-Linux viruses: a few dozen, and they only exist in the lab
-Mac viruses: maybe a hundred, and also mostly in the lab
-Windows viruses: I've lost track; do we have a quarter-million yet?