Re: Microsoft security Essentials

On May 15th, Brian Gregory [UK] wrote:

On April 23rd, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
And ... would you trust an anti-malware program written by the people
who wrote the OS that requires it? <lol>

I don't follow your reasoning.
Please explain.

What's not to follow? Microsoft employees write the Windows operating
systems. They are terribly vulnerable to malware. Microsoft employees
write the Microsoft Security Essentials anti-malware application. If
they can do that, why can't they fix the operating system that needs it?

--
-bts
-Linux viruses: a few dozen, and they only exist in the lab

  • Re: lets vote for better security
    ... WINDOWS SOFTWARE. ... > Once the operating system is developed, it's pretty hard to add more ... that put out more and better free tech support ... > enough initiative to go look at Microsoft. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Implants Price?
    ... As for an operating system for the new computers, since Microsoft ... IBM tried to contact Kildall for a meeting, ... returned to Bill Gates and gave Microsoft the contract to write the ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)
  • Re: Operating system Chip
    ... Thank you for your interest in working with Microsoft. ... -- my idea based on the production electronic chip of the operating system ... programmes companies can put his products on flash memory. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: My Favorite Windows Software
    ... What operating system do you have. ... TweakUI XP is a Microsoft PowerToy that gives you access to system ... interface, including mouse settings, Explorer settings, taskbar ... Helps you find files and folders on your computer. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Breakup of Microsoft
    ... another desktop operating system that could multi-task like OS/2 could. ... I wish that IBM would turn OS/2 over to the open source community to ... > Those the prices have certainly changed, Bill Gates is still one of the ... >> I am Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, and the Richest Man ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)