Re: Security of Power Archiver Encrypted PAE file?

Why are you using such an old version? The current version is 11.

They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not waste your time.

<eddyR@what's.up.doc.?.org> wrote in message news:v6atu55v4ghadg3o3jqs4rckuti5ids5fh@xxxxxxxxxx
I know there are programs which easily break encoded zip files. But
Power Archiver, ver. 8, uses AES. I'm wondering how securely is their
method of using AES?

I don't want top security from it, but I don't want it so easily
broken with some decrypting program out there somewhere. Using PGP
for straight encryption without signing expands a 2k file to over
100k. That's why I'm looking for an alternative for files and emails
which I want to keep private but do not contain terribly important
information.

??

.