Re: Does anyone else have any warning about the validity of this site?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
~BD~ wrote:

I've obfuscated with two x's

hxxp://www.aw-confirm.net/refundtax/index.php

Perhaps it is because Her Majesty's Tax Service is registered to a name
in *Romania* - and uses an obviously false contact name.

~$ whois aw-confirm.net

Administrative Contact:
motors, ebay ha1pa@xxxxxxxxxxx
ha1pa@xxxxxxxxxxx, 5
azoreus, RO 12134
IT
+39.40722246789

Thanks for responding Bts - I appreciate the information .....
....... but you didn't answer my question!

Some browsers *do* now produce a warning of one sort or another, often by a colour change of the address bar.

I've posted the 'warning' sign given by Safari.

Did *your* _browser_ give you any sort of warning?

Which browser do you use btw?

--
Dave

  • Re: Narud.....experience needed
    ... Why would she need to "test" her other account? ... eBay usually issues a warning ... Eight years on eBay? ... If you don't know how to ignore a posting, ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: eBay and Old Browsers part ways...
    ... eBay Warns Users to Upgrade Browsers ... and uncommon browsers when it develops new features. ... eBay said by supporting old browsers, it has spent a significant amount ... eBay is holding off on transitioning sellers to the new ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: eBay and Old Browsers part ways...
    ... To effectively use eBay, we recommend upgrading your Web browser. ... Benefits of upgrading include the use of the latest security updates and support of interactive Web features. ... eBay told users that as of November 1st, it would stop supporting old and uncommon browsers when it develops new features. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: Fraudulent Members
    ... When eBay posts a warning, it sure stays available longer than five days. ... understand your credit card merchant account ... charge contest procedures; if you have questions about the merchanise ...
    (rec.models.railroad)