Re: Crypt ascii text in file

"Rafael" <email@antispam> writes:

Cygwin (http://cygwin.com/) includes crypt...

thanks, but I search a program that worked with file.txt
and can encrypt the contents of file.txt, with algorithm
codfice and algorithm confusion, in addition to one or
more keyfile.

The Cygwin.com package can also install gpg. In the Packages
hierarchy within the Cygwin setup.exe installer, you will find gnupg
in the Utils group.

gpg will encrypt your file.txt very well. http://gnupg.org

It supports AES, Blowfish and Twofish ciphers--one of those should
have all the crypto features you need (I'd hope!). It also implements
asymetric key-based encryption, which I believe you are looking for.

For the specifics of what cipher will have the features you're looking
for (gpg supports several ciphers), I would suggest a newsgroup that
specializes in cryptography, such as sci.crypt or alt.security.pgp

  • Re: Crypt ascii text in file
    ... Cygwin includes crypt... ... and can encrypt the contents of file.txt, with algorithm ... codfice and algorithm confusion, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: What is exponent?
    ... For simple description of RSA algorithm ... I also have the receiver's certificate (public key only). ... Use RSA to encrypt the session key ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: GnuPG in the enterprise
    ... gpg doesn't recognize ADKs, though. ... > Just so I'm following then, let's say I have gnupg installed on my server, ... > recipients or internal company mailing lists. ... > document that requires encryption, when I encrypt the message, won't ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: explain to an idiot why gpg output slates towards 0xd5
    ... > counting program] and the resulting test.src.gpg even with the constant ... >> here is the same isaac file encrypted with gpg ... > most freq chars and it changes each time I encrypt. ... this is what gpg looks when it encrypts the first isaac file ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: GC and security
    ... comes back at end to encrypt and then app is done. ... gpg is fairly careful about passphrases. ... passphrase in the Python app instead of letting gpg handle it? ...
    (comp.lang.python)