Re: Recommendation for portable hard drive with hardware level encryption for backups

Tim J. <tj66821@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I'm looking for a portable hard drive, preferably with hardware level
encryption, to back up data from a 5 computer LAN running XP Pro and
Vista Home. Any recommendations?

I recall having seen a Lenovo one with an external keypad. It wasn't
the largest of cryptographic spaces certainly, but it was much better
than nothing, and was platform agnostic.

http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/44062/review/usb_20_portable_hard_drive.html

http://www.everythingusb.com/lenovo-thinkpad-usb-portable-secure-hard-drive-16313.html

  • Re: PC Upgrade recommendations
    ... what I'm seeking any recommendations. ... I recommend the ASUS P5Q Pro. ... but I would buy Vista Home Premium 64-bit OEM For $100 ... Vista Home Premium 64-bit + 4GB's of RAM is sweet bliss. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Recommendation for portable hard drive with hardware level encryption for backups
    ... Vista Home. ... Any recommendations? ... I recall having seen a Lenovo one with an external keypad. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Remote Desktop Stopped Working
    ... Well as far as the hack for Vista Home Premium is concerned I suggest you check with the folks that provided that hack for help. ... If you can't connect from a local PC on the same LAN using the XP Pro machines private LAN IP you will never connect from a remote site. ... When trying to connect from a remote location make sure TCP Port 3389 is forwarded through the Linksys router to the XP Pro machines private static LAN IP address. ...
  • Re: OT: Recommend new high end PC?
    ... recommendations please. ... Pro, PaintShop Pro, Snagit, Media Monkey, etc.) Gather XP can't ... so a TV card might be pointless? ... quad core. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • RE: Office Update is unable to check for updates
    ... So I decided to do a repair, ... recommendations that were suggested to others posting ... Computer is a brand new Toshiba Tecra M3 with Windows XP Pro SP2 preloaded. ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)