Disk Encryption for remote XP machines.
- From: Mike <mikerew66@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 01:38:35 -0800 (PST)
I'm trying to get around a particularly thorny issue of how to
authenticate an encrypted disk instead of using a password or token.
Remote machines need to be able to reboot and startup (autologon)
without any user input or extra token hardware. I'd like to be able to
somehow tie the authentication to the actual device (CPU id?) or
network that the PC sits on. If the disk is removed from the device
(and hence the network) it should remain unreadable as a boot device
or using an external housing. The disk does not need to be recovered
and is essentially a dispoable item.
Any ideas? Suggestions?
- Prev by Date: Re: Very Dangerous post
- Next by Date: Re: Disk Encryption for remote XP machines.
- Previous by thread: Re: Very Dangerous post
- Next by thread: Re: Disk Encryption for remote XP machines.