Re: Are passphrases allowed in TrueCrypt?

marck@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I thinking of using TrueCrypt to encrypt my C: drive. Does anyone
know if TrueCrypt allows the use of passphrases instead of a mere
password? If so, how many characters, with spaces, are allowed?

64

Pic of TrueCrypt Wizard pw instructions:

http://www.truecrypt.org/images/docs/tutorial-v5.0-08.png

If you want additional information, the front page of the tutorial/docs
is here http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/

--
Mike Easter

  • Are passphrases allowed in TrueCrypt?
    ... I thinking of using TrueCrypt to encrypt my C: ... know if TrueCrypt allows the use of passphrases instead of a mere ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Are passphrases allowed in TrueCrypt?
    ... Pic of TrueCrypt Wizard pw instructions: ... passwords or passphrases of the type TrueCrypt recommends, ... that argues randomly chosen words cannot be cracked that easily. ... I have never forgotten a diceware ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Truecrypt and ist real security
    ... TrueCrypt dialog box to set the volume password says, ... We recommend choosing a password consisting of more than 20 ... characters. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Truecrypt and ist real security
    ... We recommend choosing a password consisting of more than 20 ... characters. ... Which is one more good reason why I use Axecrypt rather than Truecrypt. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Truecrypt and ist real security
    ... I wonder how secure they are, ... with 10-12 char passwords, how long would it take to a competitor to ... TrueCrypt dialog box to set the volume password says, ... characters. ...
    (sci.crypt)