Re: Web searches hijacked by malware

On Dec 7, 4:10 pm, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nosp...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
The Vundotrojan/Virtumonde adware has been known to redirect to StopZilla.

Download, install, update and then execute, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malwarehttp://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-setup.exe

Thanks very much for the name of the thing. I did a
Google search (on my Linux box, of course) and found
the article on Vundo to be informative and apparently
up to date. It did say that the thing attacks the
MalwareBytes product, but it also had a reference
to a site with detailed instructions --
http://www.wikihow.com/Delete-Virtumonde
that listed several other products. At any rate, it
looks like I'll have to budget a couple of hours for
the process, so it may be a few days before I can
get around to it and report back here.

--
Charles Packer
http://cpacker.org/whatnews

  • News: Hot-Text was Recently been rejected by OP Too!
    ... Malwarebytes product on the Malwarebytes product support Forum. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Web searches hijacked by malware
    ... | Google search (on my Linux box, ... | MalwareBytes product, but it also had a reference ... | get around to it and report back here. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Do Not Purchase Eset NOD32 Antivirus Software
    ... Windows Defender definitely provides real time protection unless you opt ... Programs like Malwarebytes are needed for other things. ... malware is the same reason that so many companies have thrown up their ... hands in despair and decided to stop supporting Linux versions of their ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Do Not Purchase Eset NOD32 Antivirus Software
    ... Windows Defender definitely provides real time protection unless you opt to turn off real time protection. ... When I installed the paid version of Malwarebytes, which unlike the free version provides real-time-protection and some other features, I was shocked to see that one extremely useful piece of Freeware, that I use a lot, was frequently contacting different servers in the Ukraine. ... one reason Linux is relatively free of malware is the same reason that so many companies have thrown up their hands in despair and decided to stop supporting Linux versions of their applications. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: how to find source of a handle leak
    ... This is the result I get from a Google search. ... The result suggests malware possibly a Rootkit. ... Run Malwarebytes' and turn off your current anti-virus ... web site regarding the Registry Optimiser -a Registry Optimiser is ...