Re: Security

Albert wrote:
(Todd H.) wrote:
<snip intro>
...there is no patch for human stupidity (i.e. you respond to
phishing emails, install a trojan), or fall victim to a 0day attack
via unpatched issues in your browser, IM program, media player, pdf
viewer, flash plugin, what have you.

I don't respond to phising emails. I plan to install the bare minimum
so I can scan exe files for being trojans. I don't use IM. My pdf
viewer is portable and as long as I copy three files to a computer in
the same directory it'll work - so I doubt malware would get through
via this program. I don't need the flash _plugin_.

So if I install NOD32 and don't do anything stupid, I can't get malare?

Nobody and nothing on the planet can make that promise, friend... but, methinks the appropriate response here is SHINEY!!!@! <you are just trolling, right?>

Cheers.

  • Re: Security
    ... ...there is no patch for human stupidity (i.e. you respond to ... phishing emails, install a trojan), or fall victim to a 0day attack ... I plan to install the bare minimum ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Security
    ... ...there is no patch for human stupidity (i.e. you respond to ... phishing emails, install a trojan), or fall victim to a 0day attack ... I plan to install the bare minimum ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Security
    ... ...there is no patch for human stupidity (i.e. you respond to ... phishing emails, install a trojan), or fall victim to a 0day attack ... I plan to install the bare minimum ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Hit by a Trojan.
    ... A pop-up appeared that began ... > | what appeared to be the close button I activated the Trojan. ... I reckon I could attempt to install Norton Internet Security 2005 on my ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: This showed up last night... What is it?!
    ... It's not the Trojan Horses people need to be concerned with, ... then install another copy of the firewall program your ... > There also seemed to be an explorer.exe in my windows directory. ... > On the mentions of IRC. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)