Re: Security

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:59:31 -0700 (PDT), Albert
<albert.xtheunknown0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What if I wanted to allow malware to wreak havoc on my computer since
there's nothing important there but _make sure_ I don't send out
private, personal, important etc. information?

You don't seem to understand the situation. If you "allow" the above
to happen, you will be sending out viruses, trojans, all types of
malware, because your machine will probably turned into a 'bot' by
some of that malware. You will not only be responsible for infecting
god knows how many other machines, but if your ISP has a half of a
brain, you'll end up tossed from their system.

How can you say "...there's nothing important there..." and then say
you're worried sending out "...private, personal, important etc.
information?"

You need an education in exactly what can happen to an infected
machine. An infected machine can end up little else than a doorstop.
There are a myriad of scenarios as to what happens to an infected
machine. You *really* need a general, basic education on the subject.

  • Removal of RisinG / sds2d21.exe / sdsxd.exe
    ... itself as malware by repeatedly failing. ... So I knew that something was amiss before I used my USB ... And a Recycle folder on my c: ... infecting, but a reboot cleared that up. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: More along the lines of malware disinfection
    ... IMHO, anytime, repeat ANYTIME, you have an infected box, it is < 0% ... Especially if the malware is some ... capable to be infecting your data, ... simply reimage any suspect system. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Safe to create Ghost image of infected partition?
    ... For malware, Safe Mode isn't, for reasons that I'd prefer to flesh out ... including risk of infecting the host. ... the wrong registry and settings files, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Technical question
    ... inviting him to install malware, without him clicking on an infected ... So if Flash player is installed on the browser ... effective ways of tricking simpletons into inadvertently infecting ... themselves with some form of malware. ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: Removal of RisinG / sds2d21.exe / sdsxd.exe