Re: .....wants to send ICMP packet to your machine

RF wrote:
Hi Experts,

I have been watching this parade of attempts to access my Win2K kernel.
Is it reasonable to assume that these are safe or? My Kerio firewall is
grabbing them by the throat every time one comes by. Great guy Kerio :-)

1 Someone on address S01060023cdc72ccb.wp.shawcable.net
[24.79.134.211] wants to send ICMP packet to your machine.

2 Someone on address 66-215-175-74.dhcp.snbr.ca.charter.com
[66.215.175.74] wants to send ICMP packet to your machine

3 118.173.238.87.adsl.dynamic.totbb.net
[118.173.238.87] wants to send ICMP packet to your machine

In all cases Details about Application are: tcpip kernel driver.

TIA

Hello RF:

It would be reasonable to assume that /none/ of these safe. Amongst
other possibles, I high probability exists that these are bots.

In addition to the notifications that your firewall yields, I hope you
are suppressing responses to these packets.

HTH

--
1PW

  • Re: .....wants to send ICMP packet to your machine
    ... I have been watching this parade of attempts to access my Win2K kernel. ... My Kerio firewall is ... wants to send ICMP packet to your machine. ... It would be reasonable to assume that /none/ of these safe. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: .....wants to send ICMP packet to your machine
    ... I have been watching this parade of attempts to access my Win2K kernel. ... My Kerio firewall ... wants to send ICMP packet to your machine. ... Well crafted malware does defeat a Kerio firewall. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: .....wants to send ICMP packet to your machine
    ... I have been watching this parade of attempts to access my Win2K kernel. ... Is it reasonable to assume that these are safe or? ... My Kerio firewall is grabbing them by the throat every time one comes by. ... Someone on address S01060023cdc72ccb.wp.shawcable.net wants to send ICMP packet to your machine. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • .....wants to send ICMP packet to your machine
    ... I have been watching this parade of attempts to access my Win2K kernel. ... Is it reasonable to assume that these are safe or? ... My Kerio firewall is grabbing them by the throat every time one comes by. ... Someone on address S01060023cdc72ccb.wp.shawcable.net wants to send ICMP packet to your machine. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: .....wants to send ICMP packet to your machine
    ... I have been watching this parade of attempts to access my Win2K kernel. ... My Kerio firewall is ... wants to send ICMP packet to your machine. ... Trust yourself. ...
    (alt.computer.security)