Re: Is my computer haunted?

I am using WinXp home.

Whenever I connected to internet
even though I already disable the automatic update and not running any
software/internet explorer.
the connection icon (on the lower right corner)
always blinking showing there are data transfer activity.

Is this because of my pc infected with virus/spy/malicious/trojan
ware?

I already scan my pc with (1)spybots (2) Norton antivirus (3)
microsoft's malware scanner. but did not found any virus/spy/malicious/
trojan

  • Re: Is my computer haunted?
    ... Whenever I connected to internet ... even though I already disable the automatic update and not running any ... software/internet explorer. ... the connection icon ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Unwanted space preceeding cursor in Konsole
    ... something else that has been going on for a while, connection icon shows ... that internet is disconnected, yet ifconfig shows that it is up. ... -- Dr. Kasi ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Internet connection tray icon missing
    ... Unless you have some propriety software installed, the LAN connection Icon ... Your computer uses its LAN system to connect to the Internet. ...
  • Connection icon disappears
    ... When I connect to the Internet via dial-up, ... connection icon doesn't appear in the system tray. ... thought I'd create a shortcut on the desktop to the dun ...
  • Re: Help with diagnosing internet problem
    ... Seems like it don't understand that it lost the ... > lost, but connection icon is still present, no disconnection message ... > things like disconnect after checking email, ... change internet connections etc etc - they are all off. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)