Re: Is my computer haunted?

Sat, 15 Aug 2009 04:16:48 -0700 wrote pullgees:

Last night I was on the internet and an odd sound came through my
speakers, it was the sound of someone yawning preceded by two beeps. I
thought it might be an animated banner ad but the sound did not occur
again. Could I be picking up a neighbours broadband signal? All silly
comments welcome but a serious one would be helpful.

If you use wireless, you probably have an antenna connected to your
computer.
Could be a similar phenomenon as with my neighbor's cellphone.
When he call up someone it create beeping in my transistorradio.
It is most likely interference.

/Anders
.