Re: Is my computer haunted?

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 04:16:48 -0700 (PDT), pullgees@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Last night I was on the internet and an odd sound came through my
speakers, it was the sound of someone yawning preceded by two beeps.
I thought it might be an animated banner ad but the sound did not
occur again. Could I be picking up a neighbours broadband signal?
All silly comments welcome but a serious one would be helpful.

It sounds as though your PC is spontaneously developing sentience and
expressing its opinion of the user. Report it at once to your appropriate
government security authority ----- or the Fortean Times.

  • Re: Is my computer haunted?
    ... it was the sound of someone yawning preceded by two beeps. ... thought it might be an animated banner ad but the sound did not occur ... but interference in the form of a yawn is ... subtle and do not announce themselves with things like beeps and yawns. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Is my computer haunted?
    ... it was the sound of someone yawning preceded by two beeps. ... I thought it might be an animated banner ad but the sound did not ... Download and run the MSRT manually: ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Is my computer haunted?
    ... it was the sound of someone yawning preceded by two beeps. ... thought it might be an animated banner ad but the sound did not occur ... I immediately looked up at the banner ad as ... subtle and do not announce themselves with things like beeps and yawns. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Is my computer haunted?
    ... speakers, it was the sound of someone yawning preceded by two beeps. ... thought it might be an animated banner ad but the sound did not occur ...