Is my computer haunted?

Last night I was on the internet and an odd sound came through my
speakers, it was the sound of someone yawning preceded by two beeps.
I thought it might be an animated banner ad but the sound did not
occur again. Could I be picking up a neighbours broadband signal?
All silly comments welcome but a serious one would be helpful.

  • Re: Why We Need Audiophiles
    ... credibility by painting Fremer as a nut in the opening ... But for this kind of money I'd ... speakers driven by Halcro monoblocks, ... automatically sound great. ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)
  • Re: My review of various 10 inch guitar speakers
    ... I don't want any mold coming out of my speaker cabs thus the ... Sound is subjective and quite frankly you aint old enough to have had much ... to be a big difference in how speakers can sound depending on ... The clear winner in closed back cabs was the Eminence Ramrod. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: OT:For Howard
    ... My Velodyne F1800RII (used for the center, surround, and LFE bass in my main room) has a lamp sitting on it and even a foam pad underneath does not keep the shade from buzzing sometimes. ... Even the rather heavy surround speakers hanging on the walls buzz a bit with strong, clean low-bass from the subs, and they also have foam pads behind them. ... recordings include the "sound" of the hall itself, and that sound is often very low in frequency. ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)
  • Re: iPod trouble - can anyone help?
    ... chain are all an important part of the particular quality of the sound. ... adding artistically judged amounts of distortion (i.e., ... That adds to the complexity. ... You should try some decent speakers one day. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Sound Installation Advice
    ... because studio monitors sound good in the studio, and home speakers sound ... better at home" philosophy shows that you don't know shit about SR design ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)