Re: AVG Pop-Up Ads

charliech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have being using AVG Anti-Virus Free for quite some time (version
8.5.xxx). Just recently, I have started getting pop-up ads to my
desktop pushing the upgrade to AVG Internet Security. Is there anyway
in AVG Anti-Virus Free to turn off this pop-up (it happens every day).

Charliech

Try Avira, it only gives one single nag screen when it updates the virus sigs. No nags any other time.

  • Re: AVG Pop-Up Ads
    ... I have started getting pop-up ads to my ... desktop pushing the upgrade to AVG Internet Security. ... in AVG Anti-Virus Free to turn off this pop-up. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: AVG Pop-Up Ads
    ... I have started getting pop-up ads to my ... desktop pushing the upgrade to AVG Internet Security. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Upgrade from Windows Me to XP
    ... I have recently upgraded my operating system from Windows ... I decided to upgrade in order to improve ... I still get Pop-up Ads ... Microsoft personnel, nameless, faceless ...