Re: Is this information correct regarding IP addresses?

~BD~ wrote:

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
~BD~ wrote:
[cross-post snipped]

I should be most grateful for a reponse, ...

Maybe he doesn't reply to people who cross-post for no apparent
reason?

That is possible I suppose.

Interesting though, BTS, no 'crosspost' message appeared on this
machine in 'microsoft.public.security'

In this thread, at least since 9 June, it was posted to one group: this
one. Then in your goad to David (Message-ID:
<h1rf7j$7nt$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>), you added:

Newsgroups: alt.computer.security,microsoft.public.security
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
...for no apparent reason.

I wouldn't think your newsreader was capable, but mine only shows a post
once if I'm subscribed to two or more cross-posted groups. It's an
option.

Did it show on your computer(s)?

Of course. How else would I have known you cross-posted? Or do you mean
did I see it in the Mickeysoft group? No, I don't subscribe to any MS
groups.

[snip rest of...]

--
-bts

  • Re: Is this information correct regarding IP addresses?
    ... Maybe he doesn't reply to people who cross-post for no apparent ... Interesting though, BTS, no 'crosspost' message appeared on this ... ..for no apparent reason. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Cross-posting
    ... this is the sort of post that I am likely to ... But the one who simply said alert cross-post did so I am sure because ... On SRQ it is not as clear that there is very often a good reason for things ...
    (soc.religion.quaker)
  • Re: volatile in c99
    ... If you didn't get a response in c.l.c there is probably a reason, ... Instead, you could cross-post, and set follow-ups to your main ... You also seem to misunderstand the concept of "follow-ups". ... objective is to harm the newsgroup. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Go to CLAX and enjoy the difference
    ... Frank wrote: ... but he could evaluate the content of the messages and report ... For what reason? ... Should we also cross-post the RosAsm messages to see the ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Unison filtering (aka rules)
    ... some reason I have felt the need to create a filter that will kill a thread if the newsgroup contains uk.comp.sys.mac and the cross-post count is greater than one. ... Now I am finding that a number of cross-posts are leaking through for some reason. ... I'm a bit at a loss over this one - I'll just change the kill action to a nice bright red colour just to try to see what is happening. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)