Re: Annexcafe User2User newsgroup

Tim Jackson wrote:

That's NOT MS notepad you were running. I admit my knowledge of Windows is a bit out of date, but I just checked it out on a Vista machine and notepad still displays in a single font and does not recognise URLs as anything special. Was this on your Mac? Or, if Windoze, what are the chances notepad itself had been compromised?

What I have referred to happened a number of years ago, so I cannot be categoric. It was on a PC using Windows XP Home.

I've just opened up a photograph of my boat engine using TextEdit.app on my Mac.

This is part of what I see:-

ˇÿˇ·¥Exif

  • Re: Annexcafe User2User newsgroup
    ... is a bit out of date, but I just checked it out on a Vista machine and notepad still displays in a single font and does not recognise URLs as anything special. ... Or, if Windoze, what are the chances notepad itself had been compromised? ... I've just opened up a photograph of my boat engine using the TextEdit.app on my Mac. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Annexcafe User2User newsgroup
    ... Windows is a bit out of date, but I just checked it out on a Vista machine and notepad still displays in a single font and does not recognise URLs as anything special. ... TextEdit.app on my Mac. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Date Time Stamp?
    ... I'm a recent switcher from Win to MacIntel and haven't used a Mac since ... it inserts a system date time stamp in the area of text focus, ... Not "like Notepad", but Notepad itself, I think. ... It's been a long time since I typed on an MS Windows machine, but when I did I used Notepad almost exclusively for all text entry. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: List&Label: manueller Zeilenumbruch
    ... > Mac: #13 ... > Sagt zumindest auch Notepad++. ... Jo, sorry hab nicht nochma nachgeguckt, wolltenur drauf aufmerksam ...
    (de.comp.lang.delphi.misc)
  • Re: Clean text editor?
    ... work involves preparing text files (using Notepad) on the PC. ... I absolutely hate that, and would much prefer to use the Mac to prepare the text files. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)