Re: Annexcafe User2User newsgroup

Tim Jackson wrote:

That's NOT MS notepad you were running. I admit my knowledge of Windows is a bit out of date, but I just checked it out on a Vista machine and notepad still displays in a single font and does not recognise URLs as anything special. Was this on your Mac? Or, if Windoze, what are the chances notepad itself had been compromised?

What I have referred to happened a number of years ago, so I cannot be categoric. It was on a PC using Windows XP Home.

I've just opened up a photograph of my boat engine using TextEdit.app on my Mac.

This is part of what I see:-

ˇÿˇ·¥Exif

  • Re: Annexcafe User2User newsgroup
    ... is a bit out of date, but I just checked it out on a Vista machine and notepad still displays in a single font and does not recognise URLs as anything special. ... Or, if Windoze, what are the chances notepad itself had been compromised? ... I've just opened up a photograph of my boat engine using the TextEdit.app on my Mac. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Annexcafe User2User newsgroup
    ... Windows is a bit out of date, but I just checked it out on a Vista machine and notepad still displays in a single font and does not recognise URLs as anything special. ... TextEdit.app on my Mac. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Clean text editor?
    ... work involves preparing text files (using Notepad) on the PC. ... I absolutely hate that, and would much prefer to use the Mac to prepare the text files. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Clean text editor?
    ... work involves preparing text files (using Notepad) on the PC. ... I absolutely hate that, and would much prefer to use the Mac to prepare the text files. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Clean text editor?
    ... work involves preparing text files (using Notepad) on the PC. ... I absolutely hate that, and would much prefer to use the Mac to prepare the text files. ... and please don't suggest vi or emacs. ... It's available for Mac and Windows, handles line endings appropriately, and has a nice shiny GUI on each platform. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)