Re: swap file

Arthur T. wrote:
In
John Smith <nym@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there anything out there that will auto clean the swap on a Vista operating system?

Rather than cleaning it after the fact, why not use something
that encrypts it? Either a whole-disk (or whole-partition)
encryption, or install Bestcrypt which comes with a separate utility
that specifically encrypts the swap file. (Note, I've been told
that that separate utility is available for free if you search and
want to risk it.)

I've known about encryption, I was just wondering if anyone out there has developed a cleaner for it that works for vista. If you don't want to encrypt and have vista, the swap is an open table.

  • Re: swap file
    ... Either a whole-disk ... or install Bestcrypt which comes with a separate utility ... that specifically encrypts the swap file. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: delphi without dfm
    ... we have a library which does exactly that: compresses, encrypts and obfuscates dfms. ... It's called Citadel ... Are there any known issues (Vista etc)? ... Will this component also support Delphi 2008 etc? ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)