Re: Ad-Aware Silver Anniver. Addition

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:45:28 -0700, Charliec wrote:

Is anyone using Lavasoft's Ad-Adware Sivler Anniver. Addition in
manual mode? I am trying to use it, but do not want the Ad-Aware Live
to run all the time. I basically want to you it for manual scans on
my schedule and not have Live monitoring (I have another program for
that).

But, I turn off Live and Ad-Adware still starts up when I bootup the
system. I've turned off it's options in MSCONFIG and also in
Services.msc, but the darn program still starts and places it's icon
on the SystemTray.

I have WinXP SP3.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Uninstall/remove Ad-Aware and consider:
Malwarebytes© Corporation - Anti-Malware
http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=mncol
--or--
http://majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html
--direct--