Re: Can a hacker get through to my Lan from ADSL router?

Bit Twister wrote:

cracker could change your router's DNS server's and route all your
internet activity through their equipment.

Thats a little far fetched. If a hacker has such big computing power to
do that well fair play to him. Most normal people do not own machines
that can replicate a DNS server :)

I suggest using OpenDNS.com's free DNS servers, set as static, in/on your
OS. That reduces the possibility of a router crack from causing you problems.

In my case - with my current hardware, this is impossible. No one -
including me is able to alter my router's DNS server settings, as they
are hardcoded into the firmware. But if I get a new router, I might well
try OpenDNS.
.