Re: Memory stick file encryption

Gualtier Malde wrote:
I am having trouble trying to sort out various encryption software available. I want to carry my .txt password file with me on a memory stick and, of course, want to protect it. I could put it in a .rar file but if the machine I am using doesn't have WinRAR or something I'm not helped. And, finally, I don't understand most of this encrypting stuff.

I think I need a very small program, self-contained like old DOZ programs, so that it doesn't have to be installed on the temporary computer. Doesn't have to be freeware.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

http://www.truecrypt.org/

  • Memory stick file encryption
    ... I am having trouble trying to sort out various encryption software available. ... I want to carry my .txt password file with me on a memory stick and, of course, want to protect it. ... I think I need a very small program, self-contained like old DOZ programs, so that it doesn't have to be installed on the temporary computer. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: grep from one file and write to another
    ... But maybe you need the actual password file. ... How would I read them into memory? ... 300 to 500 usernames? ... sounds like it's asking to be a hash. ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: Users and Passwords
    ... jtvich wrote: ... > protect the password file? ... Elephant Boy Computers ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)