Re: AOL (UK)

I flattened the machine and then reinstalled Windows XP again - and this
time downloaded AOL 9.0VR directly from the Internet (AOL web site here:-
http://www.aol.co.uk/?src=www.aol.com

Exactly the same malware was discovered!

My query then. Are these Trojans 'part and parcel' of AOL today or might
something else be amiss?

I would be very surprised if you are the only persorn affected by that "AOL embedded trojan" out of the million customers that AOL has in the UK.

My guess is that this is a false positive, and usually antivirus companies have a way to submit suspicious files to make sure they are really a virus.

--
Privacylover: http://www.privacylover.com

  • Re: Bummer
    ... He had lots of customer complaints for ... >>backdoor trojans if I remember correctly. ... I did notice that he used a Guest account on the company's AOL to sign ...
    (rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons)
  • Banned IP Address, May have Cause By Trojan or Worm!
    ... I post this in Newsgroups: comp.virus and did not get any respond. ... A week or so AOL, ... I run the latest Avest and found Trojans and Worms ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Ping: Rein
    ... My question to you is why are you opposed to AOL. ... I tend to agree on the invasive programming, ... May have "back door holes" that worms and trojans can come it. ...
    (rec.collecting.stamps.discuss)
  • AOL (UK)
    ... I have reinstalled Windows XP Home after playing with Ubunto. ... I then used an AOL 9.0VR CD which AOL sent me by post in February 2008 to ... Might the Trojans actually be part of the AOL browser? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: AOL search data leaked
    ... "The data set includes {AnonID, Query, QueryTime, ItemRank, ClickURL}. ... that gets often hits via AOL you might be able to track down some IP ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)