Re: AOL (UK)

I flattened the machine and then reinstalled Windows XP again - and this
time downloaded AOL 9.0VR directly from the Internet (AOL web site here:-
http://www.aol.co.uk/?src=www.aol.com

Exactly the same malware was discovered!

My query then. Are these Trojans 'part and parcel' of AOL today or might
something else be amiss?

I would be very surprised if you are the only persorn affected by that "AOL embedded trojan" out of the million customers that AOL has in the UK.

My guess is that this is a false positive, and usually antivirus companies have a way to submit suspicious files to make sure they are really a virus.

--
Privacylover: http://www.privacylover.com

.