Re: Preventing WHOIS

On 23 Feb, 20:07, Guy Macon <http://www.GuyMacon.com/> wrote:
Gerard Bok wrote:

tobit...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I LOVE privacy.

Why, then, are you posting to USENET in a way that reveals IP
address information and details about what kind of operating
system and browser you are using, through a company that is
well-known for its lack of privacy?

How much information do you get from my IP? Suppose that I didn't
explicitely wrote my name, would you still know it? Obviously you know
in what city I live in, but do you also know on what street? I'm just
curious.

There is the option to get a subscription at a Usenet server that
offers more privacy. Is that the best way to stay more private on the
Usenet?

Regards,

--
Torbjörn Svensson Diaz