Re: Preventing WHOIS

On Feb 23, 8:45 pm, VanguardLH <V...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

However, I've heard that many of them will divulge the actual domain
registrant when pressed for the information and without requiring a
subpoena.  If the plantiff provides sufficient cause for divulging that
info, the registrar will release it.  You can try to hide.  That doesn't
mean you cannot be found.

What I want to do is percetly legal. I just don't want some animal
rights/feminist/far left/far right/whatever acitivst to call me in the
middle of the night and threaten me because of my website. That's the
amount of protection I want presently. Later on I might want some
more. Still, if authorities want to find out about me, that's OK.

I am neither a criminal, nor a terrorist, nor a freedom fighter, nor
an advocate of extreme ideologies or creeds, but only a slightly
controversial citizen in need of some basic privacy that I thing is
being compromized if any random punk can call me in the middle of the
night and go bananas towards me.

That's all.

Kind regards,

Tobito

  • Re: Preventing WHOIS
    ... registrant when pressed for the information and without requiring a ... One man's terorist is anotherman's freedom fighter. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Preventing WHOIS
    ... registrant when pressed for the information and without requiring a ... One man's terorist is anotherman's freedom fighter. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Preventing WHOIS
    ... domain registrant when pressed for the information and without ... requiring a subpoena. ...  If the plantiff provides sufficient cause ... for divulging that info, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Preventing WHOIS
    ... domain registrant when pressed for the information and without ...  If the plantiff provides sufficient cause ... "If Milbank aka hummingHomo and Me.Whore stand by Bear Bottoms, ... the idiot who outed himself as William "Bear" Bottoms, the baby killer, ...
    (alt.computer.security)