Re: Security against fire..

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 05:46:28 +0000, Who Me? <whome@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I want to protect some SD Flash cards (total size 1" x 1.5" x 0.5")
against structure fires. All the fire safes I can find are for much
larger items

Anyone have a better idea?

Sure. Encrypt the data and put it online. Or anywhere else.

Protecting against real fire can be a problem.
Even proper (and expensive) datasafes protect your data only for
up to 120 minutes.
Actually: they all rely on the fire being put out within say 60
minutes. And that includes the time it takes to
- detect the fire,
- alarm the fire services,
- fireservices to arrive and
- the fire to be controlled.

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

  • Re: Security against fire..
    ... All the fire safes I can find are for much ... Encrypt the data and put it online. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Off-site backup build
    ... Considering CAT5 has about 100m range, and fire, in built-up areas, generally doesn't... ... Trouble with backup over ADSL is that traffic charges will soon get in your way. ... multinational company to host my personal data seems a little ... > though I suppose I could encrypt... ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Interesting stat
    ... There is nothing magic about being online. ... It is a safe assumption that the PGA of America and the PGA Tour (Nelson ... or a fire or flood could wipe it out forever. ...
    (rec.sport.golf)
  • Re: Backups - how to encrypt (sensitive data)
    ... entire home directory gets encrypted - there's way too ... encrypt. ... backups - backups live at home safely. ... I consulted with the local fire department regarding fire safes. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Cannot fine chimney fire extinguisher anywhere
    ... > Looked online for ages now. ... The one make I did find had a fire in their ... > factory and closed down. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (alt.home.repair)