Re: Cleaning a computer - any other views here?

"Tim Jackson" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
John D wrote:

On a practical note, I can see two messages from me with the
identical posting time. How can that happen? 04 February 2009 13:00
(GMT)

--
John

It's a feature of most 'reliable' transmission protocols such as
TCP/IP that occasionally messages get duplicated. If a message is
corrupted or lost, the receiver fails to acknowledge it, and the
message is re-sent. But if the acknowledgement itself gets corrupted,
the message gets resent spuriously. Most systems detect and remove
most such duplicates, but they are not perfect.

Tim

I didn't know that! Thanks, Tim.:)
--
Dave

  • Re: How do I remove Duplicate rows?
    ... your macro will only detect duplicates on rows A & B ... I am Lost in Alabama and I have a question about this post as my situation ... A customer# can have many rows with the same inv#. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Verbose and flexible args and kwargs syntax
    ... If you convert to an ordered dict, the initial order is lost by the ... if you want to allow duplicates, ... In Python 4000, I'd like to see some way to pass arbitrary parameters to ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Cleaning a computer - any other views here?
    ... John D wrote: ... If a message is corrupted or lost, the receiver fails to acknowledge it, and the message is re-sent. ... Most systems detect and remove most such duplicates, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Checking for Duplicates in Multiple Fields beforeupdate
    ... duplicates, but I would like teh user to be notified that they are ... txtSpoolNo and txtSpoolRev ... say the table is tblSpool ... Ok, you've lost me. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: Checking for Duplicates in Multiple Fields beforeupdate
    ... duplicates, but I would like teh user to be notified that they are ... txtSpoolNo and txtSpoolRev ... and the key is spoolId ... Ok, you've lost me. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)