Re: How to change my SSID?

Dimona wrote:
I am trying to change the name of my Wireless SSID as it has the default ISP name which I want to hide.

I have managed to access the router settings through IE entering the router IP but I do not see anywhere to change the SSID and I looked everywhere. This is a router Wifi Thomson TG585v7.

This Wifi router was given free by my ISP at signing up with them, is it possible that the ISP has disabled SSID name changing in the router?

Not a model I am familiar with but I wouldn't have thought the ssid could be locked.

Geoff Lane

  • Re: A Sorry Tale
    ... result I now have a perfectly good ASDL router that will only work on a 10. ... certain Well-Known Trick to make sure it's not actually the ISP. ... system which *does not support DTMF*, so I can't get through the ISP's ... I notice the connection is now back up. ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: How to change my SSID?
    ... | default ISP name which I want to hide. ... | I have managed to access the router settings through IE entering the ... | router IP but I do not see anywhere to change the SSID and I looked ... This is a router Wifi Thomson TG585v7. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Advice needed - running Exchange
    ... the router to your nic ... You'll need to have your ISP create two additional DNS records for your ... delivery is set to the Exchange mailbox, ... I currently only have one NIC in my SBS server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • How to change my SSID?
    ... I have managed to access the router settings through IE entering the router IP but I do not see anywhere to change the SSID and I looked everywhere. ... This is a router Wifi Thomson TG585v7. ... This Wifi router was given free by my ISP at signing up with them, is it possible that the ISP has disabled SSID name changing in the router? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: NDR delivery delayed errors keep coming, any advice?
    ... If so, you might try the 'black hole router' test, as IP fragmentation can prevent successful SMTP conversations. ... Do the ping tests, but don't follow the resolution steps just yet - typically with xDSL, and where you have a PPPoE aware router, you change the MTU settings on the router. ... If the shoe fits (xDSL connection, and router with PPPoE login) you might have a look see what the MTU setting is on the router. ... The ISP will deliver when it gets around ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)