How to change my SSID?

I am trying to change the name of my Wireless SSID as it has the default ISP name which I want to hide.

I have managed to access the router settings through IE entering the router IP but I do not see anywhere to change the SSID and I looked everywhere. This is a router Wifi Thomson TG585v7.

This Wifi router was given free by my ISP at signing up with them, is it possible that the ISP has disabled SSID name changing in the router?

  • Re: How to change my SSID?
    ... | default ISP name which I want to hide. ... | I have managed to access the router settings through IE entering the ... | router IP but I do not see anywhere to change the SSID and I looked ... This is a router Wifi Thomson TG585v7. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: How to change my SSID?
    ... I have managed to access the router settings through IE entering the router IP but I do not see anywhere to change the SSID and I looked everywhere. ... This is a router Wifi Thomson TG585v7. ... This Wifi router was given free by my ISP at signing up with them, is it possible that the ISP has disabled SSID name changing in the router? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: How to change my SSID?
    ... I have managed to access the router settings through IE entering the router IP but I do not see anywhere to change the SSID and I looked everywhere. ... This Wifi router was given free by my ISP at signing up with them, is it possible that the ISP has disabled SSID name changing in the router? ... Fron the front page of the router, select 'Home Network', from there, select your Wireless network. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: How to change my SSID?
    ... I have managed to access the router settings through IE entering the ... This is a router Wifi Thomson TG585v7. ... This Wifi router was given free by my ISP at signing up with them, ... it possible that the ISP has disabled SSID name changing in the ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: A Sorry Tale
    ... result I now have a perfectly good ASDL router that will only work on a 10. ... certain Well-Known Trick to make sure it's not actually the ISP. ... system which *does not support DTMF*, so I can't get through the ISP's ... I notice the connection is now back up. ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)