Re: Change my isp address

completemassages@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I have a laptop that I mainly use on different wifi connections at
coffee shops, but I also use it occassionallyon my t- mobile cell
phone (which can be used as a modem.
I need to change my isp address........
My questions are -
1. If I change the name of my computer under system info will that
change my isp address?

What do you call "my isp address"? Your name of your computer will change
nothing external to the computer.
Tell us what problem you are trying to solve, not your guess at a solution.

2.Is my isp address different when using different wifi connections?

Yes.

3.How do I change my isp address with my t mobile phone as a modem??
Would changing my cell number change the isp?

No

4.Is my email account through yahoo registered under my isp address.?

We have no idea.

  • Re: Change my isp address
    ... but I also use it occassionallyon my t- mobile cell ... I need to change my isp address........ ... Every packet you send and receive over the internet contains source and destination IP addresses and port numbers, which may be recorded by a web server you visit, and should be recorded by your ISP. ... With a fixed line account you may have a fixed personal IP address, or one may be dynamically allocated from a pool whenever you log on, but it will remain fixed for the session, and you can bet your @ that the ISP keeps a record of which user account had which address at any given time. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Change my isp address
    ... but I also use it occassionallyon my t- mobile cell ... I need to change my isp address........ ... 2.Is my isp address different when using different wifi connections? ... 3.How do I change my isp address with my t mobile phone as a modem?? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Change my isp address
    ... but I also use it occassionallyon my t- mobile cell ... I need to change my isp address........ ... I presume you mean your IP (internet protocol) address. ... record of which user account had which address at any given time. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Is there a minimum dialup speed that Vista can cope with?
    ... I no longer ring Eircom ... internet/phone bundle with another ISP, UTV (Eircom just rakes in the line ... I'm keeping modem logs because the line quality fluctuates many times ... hardware/software to fail with this slow connection. ...
  • Re: wvdial problems
    ... when connecting to a different ISP. ... OK - that basically rules out the modem. ... Support people) is dropping the connection before the default (? ... I've subscribed to a new ISP where the local dialup number ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)