Drive Crypt

Is anyone using this? How secure is DCPP, it's the non virtual encryption? I wanted a few opinions before I bought,thank you

  • Re: Remove Internal Hops from Header
    ... I believe that each and every little thing that you do to not expose information on top of all other security measures makes you a little bit more secure by making you a harder target to hit. ... There may be some stinky opinions flying back and forth, but seeing as how there are no insults, we can still discuss / debate / banter back and forth until one or the other of us gets tired of this thread. ... However inside of closed environments, where SMTP is optional, so is said method of detecting loops. ... Adding that tidbit of information I'm guessing that there is a NATing firewall between Vanadium and the internet that I would have to get through if I was to attack from the internet its self. ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: Firewall enough?
    ... > When I goto the symantec site it says my comp is secure. ... the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Verifying the integrity of the computer
    ... > I recall seeing a thread on how to secure a computer. ... > Any pointers on verifying the integrity of the system would be much ... > I would rather not reinstall the entire system - because I have too many ... the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Secure passwords?
    ... "Jag undrar vaad som aar ett sakert" ... > 8 very cryptic characters not easy to remember. ... > To me it the first one seems much more secure since it has so many more ... the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Solaris Security help
    ... >that gives suggestions for making the system more secure? ... >shutting down certain services if they are not being used. ... Expressed in this posting are my opinions. ... to opinions held by my employer, Sun Microsystems. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)