Re: Trend Micro Internet Security 2008: Trouble running Custom Scan

I find Trend Micro very, very long to load. Longer than any other AV program I ever had. During that time you of course cannot go to e-mail or internet.

Not very happy with this. Will not renew.

<jaroslav@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e156032f-379a-478c-bdbc-c06b943374d9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just updated to TMIS 2008 and am finding that: Bootup time is twice as
long as before; Outlook Express takes much longer to start; TMIS's
Custom Scan and Find Viruses features don't work: whenever I launch
them, I two error messages and the program hangs. Is anyone else
having similar experiences? Found any fixes? Here are the two error
messages I get: "Unable to recognize software configuration..." & "An
error has interrupted the task in progress; please restart your
computer..." I'm running TMIS on Windows XP SP2.

  • Re: Problem with Word Loading
    ... This option has been known to cause conflicts in the Office applications and apparently we're encountering a new strain of odd error messages in Office 2007 due to the Office Plug-in these days. ... Microsoft Office MVP ... I tried the winword /a and it still didnt load. ... I may have to do the long uninstall. ...
  • Re: Lost Works CD that came with computer
    ... > I am getting error messages when in word. ... > me to load my Publisher software CD. ... > Works CD in the Microsoft CD and was most certain I placed ... > avoid having to purchase another Works software program. ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Windows Explore stops working if "third party browser extensio
    ... Explorer.exe will not load. ... No error messages. ... regarding the "third party browser extensions" are known as Browser ... installing the Google Toolbar in IE 6 enables third ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problem with specific sites
    ... I note that you have not been very precise about what 'could not load' ... Precise symptoms and error messages are essential to ... All the> computers in my home network are affected by this problem. ...
  • Excel 2000 Solver AddIn: Model Load & Reset Have Excessive Delay
    ... While the Solver screen displays quickly, the loading of models and then resets take too much time. ... During this time the status bar is blank and Task Manager Processes and Performance show almost no load. ... some of which contain ODBC data calls which do not seem to be refreshed, as I see no status or error messages. ...