Re: Unused IP On Static Network is Pingable

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:08:18 GMT, Deb wrote:

I am still really curious as to how an IP that is unassinged responds to
ping. That is the question here. Also why does my router logs show LAN
traffic to and from this IP! My guess is that it has something to do
with
the NT domain and spooler trying to find the missing printer. Still a
weird one overall... and I don't care much for guesses anyway. :)

What are the chances that this offline printer IP was hacked and there
was a real computer on the other side?
.