Re: BBC banned my IP

VanguardLH wrote:
meau wrote:

Why are you lying in your Organization header as to through which NNTP
provider you are posting?

I want to watch this BBC documentary with the iPlayer and it seems that when they detect an IP to be non UK they dont allow you to watch it.

And what would be the URL to that documentary (so OTHERS can test if
your assumption is correct)? "The BBC" doesn't say WHERE you were.

Other than finding a good UK proxy is it possible to get around this restriction?

Probably not if this the cause of the restriction.

I am British citizen living abroad I paid my taxes there surely the BBC should show some respect.

Why would the BBC care anything about you your paying taxes?

The BBC is funded by the television licence fee in the UK, which is to all intents and purposes a tax levied on all television users. Presumably as an ex-pat you are not paying the licence fee. So why should you have access to the BBC's output? I don't know if it is true, but it does not seem unreasonable. They do provide radio output free of charge to overseas listeners, both on short-wave and on the internet.

Tim Jackson
.