Home Lab

Dear All,

Am planning to setup a home lab for playing around with and getting a better understanding of security.... nothing professional - i scrounge a living from looking after small x86 Windows SOHOs... have currently got 1 x Win XP machine (Sempron 2600+) & one 1 x OpenSUSE/dualboot XP (p4 2.6)... I have a further 4 old PCs - 1GHz durons, 733 P3s, etc. but am thinking of dumping them and using VMWare... any thoughts, opinions, etc. appreciated...

Thanks

jim

  • Re: Home Lab
    ... Am planning to setup a home lab for playing around with and getting a ... better understanding of security.... ... nothing professional - i scrounge ... vmware instances. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • What you dont Understand. (lots)
    ... Introduction to Living Intelligent Systems ... understanding is not possible. ... Historically humans learn about themselves from the things they build. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Reflections on Money Management, Career Choices, and Poker
    ... First off as you know playing for a living can be very hard.  ... If the book guidelines means you must play in very small ... players that have played for a living over the years understood exactly what I ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Studio sounds
    ... Your opinion of Michelle Branch is different than mine. ... of his singing or guitar playing. ... Play just well enough and get the song out there. ... As far as "out there making a living as a musician", ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: MODERN POKER STRATEGY ?? R U SERIOUS?
    ... It's a meager existence, not a living. ... I made my living playing primarily live tournaments. ... than the ones I dealt with at the poker table. ... and I had forgotten just how annoying poker players can be in live games. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)