AVG updates & reboot.

It seems that I have to reboot the computer almost each day after AVG has done an update. The 'update manager' is the module that requires you to restart the computer.

Am I the only one who gets this or could there be a reason for this?

Thanks
--
Keith (Southend)
http://www.southendweather.net

  • Strange AVG behavior.
    ... Update Manager is now requiring a reboot in order to "complete installation" ... In the time I'd had AVG, ... An inspection of the Event Log in Admin Tools seems to verify AvgUpdSvc ... Update Manager with no reboot. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: AVG Free Edition requires reboot to update
    ... I have version 7.5.446 and can't find Update Manager anywhere on the Control ... I've looked for a NG containing the letters AVG and can't find one. ... On one when I update the virus definitions I do not have to reboot. ... GOOD LUCK. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Strange AVG behavior.
    ... Heard back from AVG this morning. ... double click "Update Manager" and choose the ... Update Manager is now requiring a reboot in order to "complete ... An inspection of the Event Log in Admin Tools seems to verify AvgUpdSvc ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Strange AVG behavior.
    ... double click "Update Manager" and choose the ... navigate to program folder of AVG Antivirus; ... I'm waiting to hear back from Grisoft about this, but in the meantime, I ... An inspection of the Event Log in Admin Tools seems to verify AvgUpdSvc ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Strange AVG behavior.
    ... settings of Update Manager. ... Open AVG Control Center, double click "Update Manager" and choose the ... An inspection of the Event Log in Admin Tools seems to verify AvgUpdSvc ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)