what security software should i get ?

Can some people with experience here advise me as to what security
suite software (antivirus, firewall, antispam) to get for MS Windows
XP? (free or commercial, but I am suspicious generally of free
software for MS-Windows that often has viruses and annoying popup
malware associated with it)

To be honest, I have been using Ubuntu Linux for quite some time, on
dual boot systems (WinXP and Linux). I find myself increasingly in
need of only MS-Windows for the software I need to run (Sony Vegas,
Sony ACID Pro, Movie Magic screenwriting software, etc) and may be
just foregoing linux or perhaps taking it off my systems entirely.
Thus my concern for protecting myself from viruses, trojans, etc.
Today I downloaded and am running a trial version of Kaspersky
internet security, just to have something at least for 30 days. But I
am open to any security suite, as long as it does not slow down or jam
up MS-Windows too much.
~Randall

  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: January 15 is Personal Firewall Day, he lp the cause
    ... supply of patches (Windows NT4/95/98) these systems should go offline ... Security is always a trade-off. ... This is how Linux and other ... Apache virtually owns the market with more than 60%. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • SecurityFocus Linux Newsletter #39
    ... Subject: SecurityFocus Linux Newsletter #39 ... Need to keep track of the latest vulnerability information? ... vulnerabilities for both security product vendors and corporate security ... NEW PRODUCTS FOR LINUX PLATFORMS ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • RE: Linux hacked
    ... Subject: Linux hacked ... After you boot up into the OS running from CD, ... >> First let me say I'm a security novice. ... >> been unsuccessful in getting root back. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Community responsibility and abuse (2): the case of top-
    ... Without ANY evidence of ANY security problems you try ... PLEASE PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF ANY ... evidence that Linux is anywhere near as insecure as windows. ... Still no "spacific evidence that Linux is anywhere near as insecure as ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: testing laptop based on bsd anyone
    ... "A new linux distribution for Wardrivers" ... I wasn't speaking about the relative strengths of security measures within ... As attacks through web applications continue to rise, ... vulnerability management needs. ...
    (Pen-Test)